Restaurant Opening Case Study
Founded in 1982 in Austin, Texas, Chuy’s serves authentic Tex-Mex food in an eclectic atmosphere full of color and personality. The menu offers family recipes from south Texas, New Mexico and Mexican border towns, all made to order from the freshest ingredients. Chuy’s has the reputation as the most fun and friendly spot to eat real Tex-Mex at a great price.
Create awareness and buzz prior to the opening in July 2019 of Chuy’s second location in central Indiana.
Working in collaboration with the restaurant’s regional marketing team, Porch Light supported Chuy’s with a variety of traditional media outreach and grass roots communication strategies to help make the grand opening as successful as possible. Tactics included:
- Creating a successful charitable partnership with a local children’s hospital
- Securing participation in community events for sampling opportunities leading up to the opening
- Conducting food sampling drops to local schools and neighborhood events within a five mile radius of the restaurant
- Outreach to local business leaders and influencers to secure their attendance at the VIP Charity Night event
- Facilitating relationships with and coordinating ribbon cuttings with two Chambers of Commerce